January 4, 2013
- Washington — General Motors Co. said Friday it is recalling more than 68,000 new SUVs, pickups and vans that could roll away after being parked.
- General Motors Co is recalling more than 69,000 full-size trucks and vans globally that could roll away after being parked due to a potential steering column defect, the automaker said.
January 3, 2013
- General Motors has issued a recall on 6,310 GMC, Chevrolet and Cadillac pickup trucks and SUVs from the 2013 model year (see table below) due to a fractured park lock cable or defective steering lock module that may have been installed at the assembly plant. This could allow the driver to shift out of PARK with the key in the OFF position or removed from the ignition. Also, the transmission may be shifted out of PARK without first depressing the brake pedal. In other cases, the key may be...
- A welding error by a supplier has forced the recall of 119,000 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks from the 2010 through 2012 model years, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
December 26, 2012
- General Motors is recalling Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks built between November 9, 2009, and August 28, 2012. Hoods on the recalled trucks may be missing a secondary latch, which is designed to keep the hood from flying open if the primary latch fails. About 118,000 trucks are included in the recall, and owners will be notified beginning in January, 2013....
December 24, 2012
- GM is recalling 118,800 model-year 2010-12 versions of the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks due to problems with the trucks' hood latch system, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The affected vehicles were manufactured from Nov....
December 21, 2012
- The hoods on the Chevrolet Colorado and the GMC Canyon pickups could open unexpectedly, blocking the drivers' view.
- General Motors is recalling 118,800 2010-'12 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks because the hood could open unexpectedly, according to NHTSA.
- Also in this episode: Hyundai Veloster, GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado are hit by recalls, and Dan Akerson puts his '58 Corvette on the block for charity.
- Washington — General Motors Co. said Thursday it is recalling 145,000 pickups that may not have a secondary latch to prevent the hood from unexpectedly opening.