January 31, 2013
- General Motors Co. is recalling certain Chevrolet Camaro, Cruze and Sonic, and Buick Verano cars from the 2012 model year because of electrical problems that could prevent their driver-side front air bags from deploying properly.
- NHTSA says Chevrolet Malibu recall is to inspect and tighten suspension bolts.
- The dual-stage system is being phased out, starting with the 2013 Cruze.
- GM is recalling 8,519 model-year 2013 versions of the Chevrolet Malibu sedan due to suspension bolt problems, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The affected vehicles may have one or more suspension bolts that weren't adequately tightened. This...
- General Motors Co. is recalling nearly 150,000 vehicles in three separate issues.
January 26, 2013
- On certain 2013 Chevrolet Malibu sedans, one or more rear suspension bolts may have been tightened insufficiently during vehicle assembly. If the bolts loosen, handling could suddenly be affected, particularly at higher speeds. This would increase the risk of a crash. As a result, dealers will inspect and, if necessary, tighten the rear suspension bolts. This recall targets 67 units. Source: Transports Canada...
January 24, 2013
- General Motors is recalling certain 2013 model year Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana large vans for a potential rollaway problem linked to an issue with ignition interlock systems. A notice on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website puts the number of vehicles potentially affected at 980. Affected vehicles were built as...
January 21, 2013
- The issue could lead to a roll away accident.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued a recall notice for a small number of General Motors fullsize vans due to possible rollaway concerns. On certain 2013 Chevrolet Express and 2013 GMC Savana models, it is possible to remove the key from the ignition without the shifter being in park. Only 980 total units are being affected by this recall, and GM is fixing the issue by replacing the ignition cylinder and associated keys. Affected Chevy vans were built during most of...
January 20, 2013
- GM continues to have trouble with some 2013 large-truck transmissions finishing their life-cycles.