January 23, 2015
December 22, 2014
- GM Canada sold only 32 copies of its Chevrolet Orlando in November 2014, the worst month yet for the rapidly declining Mazda 5 alternative. Although the Orlando set an impressive sales pace in its first 18 months in Canada – 2612 were sold during 2012’s fourth-quarter – it’s been in free fall ever since. Sales […] The post Small MPVs In Rapid Canadian Sales Decline appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
November 4, 2014
- A company by the name of Exotic Rides and based in Orlando, Florida has come out with a series of renderings for a new supercar it plans to build. The company has already started taking orders for the car, which is called the W70, and promises to have it ready by 2015. Drive is said to come from a 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 sourced from General Motors...
October 21, 2014
- We generally take certain principals for granted. The more water you drink, for example, the healthier you'll be. The more time you spend reading car news on Autoblog, the better informed you'll be. And the more airbags your car has, the safer you'll be. Because airbags equal safety. But that's not what some unfortunate drivers of vehicles equipped with Takata airbags are finding, and tragically finding out the hard way. A woman named Hien Tran of Orlando, FL, was killed by what looked at...
October 8, 2014
- When you hear the word “Jeep,” what image comes to mind? Probably a go-anywhere Wrangler hitting the Rubicon Trail and conquering everything in its path. What you do not imagine is a derivative of the long-gone Dodge Caliber with a seven-slot grille touting fuel economy over capability. Unfortunately, that's exactly what makes up the Compass. It's Jeep's redheaded stepchild with Trail Rated badging. But, it's not as bad as you'd think...
September 3, 2014
- Fans of the Mazda5 may not be able to buy one in the United States anymore, but Canadian buyers will continue to be able to purchase Mazda’s microvan for the foreseeable future. A Mazda source told us that the Mazda5 will soldier on in Canada, which also gets the Canada-exclusive Kia Rondo and Chevrolet Orlando. […] The post Canada Gets Another Exclusive Product appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
August 25, 2014
- It's roughly the same size as the Chevrolet Orlando.
April 30, 2014
- ORLANDO, Fla. “Honk once for ‘yes’ and twice for ‘no.’” Those were Bryan Anta’s quick-thinking instructions to a woman who couldn’t speak because she was having a serious Asthma attack on the side of the road.
April 28, 2014
- Will the five-passenger Ford C-MAX and Toyota Prius v face direct competition from the next-generation Chevrolet Volt? That's a question more and more people are seeking an answer to. According to a Reuters article from two weeks ago, the new Volt may be available in more than one model, including a less expensive, lower-range variant. More interestingly, there are growing rumours of a production version of the Orlando-inspired concept that debuted at the 2010 Beijing Auto Show. The new...
April 15, 2014
- With a corporate portfolio as large as GM’s, there are options. Remember the Chevrolet Orlando? That crossover was supposed to come to the U.S. before GM decided it might cannibalize sales of the mid-size Equinox, so it shuffled the Orlando off to Canada instead. The Trax, on the other hand, w...