October 27, 2014
- General Motors is gradually ceasing the sale of Chevrolets in Europe to help bolster the position of Opel and Vauxhall. While this won't happen until the end of 2015, already sales are dropping in the UK.
- Canadian auction house Maynards will be handling the liquidation, which includes 50 presses and 805 robots.
- Despite problems with the Russian market, as well as restructuring costs, General Motors says Vauxhall and Opel are on their way out of the red and into the black. Automotive News reports the European duo took a Q3 2014 loss of $387 million, compared to $238 million lost in Q3 2013. The majority of the […] The post GM: Opel, Vauxhall Edging Closer To The Black Despite Russia appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
October 24, 2014
- The Rallye Cup serves as an important driver development program for young rally drivers in Europe.
October 22, 2014
- Have you ever wanted to just go for a drive?
October 21, 2014
- A prototype 2016 Opel Astra "K" was spotted on public roads towing a small trailer. Consider our appetites whetted.
- Opel anticipates the European market launch for the Corsa E to be complete by January 2015.
October 20, 2014
- GPS artist Jeremy Wood is driving to set a new world record in a pre-production 2015 Vauxhall Corsa.
October 17, 2014
- General Motors' top lawyer, Michael Millikin, will retire in early 2015, the Detroit automaker announced Friday. Calling the move a voluntary decision, Millikin, 66, will stay on until a replacement is found. Millikin, whose career at GM has spanned nearly 37 years, has served in a number of roles for the company, largely staying out of the spotlight. That changed dramatically when he was called to testify on Capitol Hill this summer to explain GM's handling of recent ignition-switch recalls,...