July 18, 2014
- America may be better known for its muscle cars than its hot hatches, but those who prefer their power sent to the front wheels with a liftgate at the back aren't exactly hurting for choices these days. Americans can stop by their local dealership and put in an order for a Ford Fiesta ST or Focus ST, Fiat 500 Abarth, Mini Cooper S or Volkswagen GTI or Golf R - excellent choices all, but that's still only a fraction of what our European compatriots have at their disposal. Automakers like Seat,...
July 17, 2014
- Customers can choose between 90 or 115 horsepower, at a starting price of 16,150 euros.
- Small cars may be big business, but the world's automakers don't seem to be in any particular rush to keep them fresh. The new Smart Fortwo unveiled yesterday replaces a model that's already been around for seven years, one based on a structure dating back to the late '90s. The new Opel Corsa revealed just last week replaces a model that had been around for eight years. And the Mazda2 has been on the market in its current form for seven years now, but not for much longer, because Mazda has...
July 16, 2014
- Opel is developing cars which recognize road signs and weather conditions.
- The engine is just one part of a new small engine family from Opel.
July 15, 2014
- Opel’s Fiesta fighter has just bowed in Europe, and for once, we don’t have to feel like we’re missing out. While the Sonic gets the modern Gamma architecture, the Corsa rides on a warmed over version of the Fiat-GM small car platform that also underpins some mediocre Fiat small cars like the Fiat 500L […]
- Next Opel Corsa OPC and Chevrolet Aveo RS getting Holden Powertrain treatment
July 14, 2014
- The company is spending close to $286 million on new facilities.
- But not for what you'd expect.