August 7, 2014
- A new entry-level diesel to join the Zafira's wide engine range.
August 3, 2014
- Opel continues development of its new Astra five-door hatch.
- The Buick Regal is based on the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia, a pair of sedans from General Motors' European and British outfits. In fact, over 46,000 Regals from model years 2010 and 2011 were screwed together on the same lines as the Insignia twins, before GM's Oshawa, Ontario factory took over production fully. Considering this closeness, rumors that claim the next-generation Regal - due for 2017 - could move back to Europe aren't terribly surprising. Here's why, according to Automotive News....
August 1, 2014
- What does the "RS" in the Renault Clio RS and Megane RS mean? Well, unlike Audi and Porsche, it doesn't stand for Renn Sport. No, it's actually a signifier that said hot hatch has been breathed upon by Renault Sport, the French manufacturer's answer to Volkswagen's R models, Ford's ST hatches and Opel/Vauxhalls's OPC and VXR lines. Its production of forbidden fruit aside, Renault Sport has another project on the burner - the RS 01. Formerly known as the Renault Sport Trophy, the RS 01 is a 500...
- A report in Automotive News outlines how General Motors has committed to building a new Buick model at their plant in Russelsheim, Germany. According to AN, the logical choice is the next-generation Buick Regal, also known as the Opel Insignia, since this is a good fit for Buick, and it allows GM to use up some of the […] The post The Future Of GM’s Oshawa Plant Looks Increasingly Bleak appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
July 31, 2014
- Opel took the three-cylinder Adam Rocks to an acoustic lab. We'll be the judge of how pleasing it really sounds, though.
July 29, 2014
- GM, which previously operated in Europe under the Chevrolet and Opel/Vauxhall brands, is primarily seen as an upmarket brand and considered on the same level as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi. Neither Chevrolet nor Opel or Vauxhall cars are seen as budget cars. But now, GM is restructuring its operations in Europe, as part of which it is planning to entry entry-level cars in a radical re-haul of its brand image.
- Buick has just announced a brand new midsize CUV that will slot between the smaller Encore and the larger Enclave. Called Envision, it's based on the concept that debuted at the 2011 Shanghai Auto Show. The Buick Envision will first launch in China this fall with a 2.0L turbo engine rated at 256 horsepower, a 6-speed automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive. North American customers will have to be a bit more patient and wait until the first half of 2015. Out here, the Envision could very...
- Huge victory for Opel's newly organized light commercial vehicle business.
July 28, 2014
- For the 2015 award, the panel has identified 31 candidates: the Audi TT; BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and 2 Series Coupe, i8 and X4; the Citroën C1 and C4 Cactus; Fiat 500X (which hasn't even been unveiled yet); Ford EcoSport and Mondeo; Hyundai i20; Infiniti Q50; Jeep Renegade; Kia Soul; Lexus NX and RC; Mercedes-Benz C-Class, GLA and S-Class Coupe; Nissan Pulsar, Qashqai and X-Trail; Opel Corsa; Peugeot 108; Porsche Macan; Renault Twingo; Skoda Fabia; Smart Fortwo and Forfour; Subaru WRX...