April 24, 2013
- The head of the UAW suggested German hourly workers at a General Motors plant should accept a deal they previously rejected in order to keep their jobs.
April 22, 2013
- At around 2:00 PM on the afternoon of October 6, 1973, more than 200 Soviet built Egyptian aircraft began to assault Israeli air bases and missile emplacements north of the Suez canal and the established line of defense, known as the Bar Lev Line. During the night that followed, Egyptian combat engineers crossed the canal [...]
- Europe's ailing economy has caused the supervisory board at General Motors, which includes four senior executives, to vote to end production of the Opel Zafira MPV at the 50-year-old Bochum plant in Germany. The closing of the car factory marks the first closure of a German automobile assembly plant in decades, and it will cost Buchum (a city with nearly 375,000 residents in the western part of the country) about 3,000 jobs. Some doubted that GM would shift production and tooling of the Zafira...
April 21, 2013
- Add the deal to the bevy of other soccer sponsorships by Vauxhall, Chevy, and Opel.
April 19, 2013
- These are some very early development units.
- The German plant was scheduled to produce vehicles through 2016.
- General Motors’ long-troubled Opel subsidiary plans to speed up its restructuring, closing an unneeded plant in Bochum, Germany by the end of 2014, several years ahead of its original plan thanks to a major misstep by the powerful metalworkers union IG Metall. This report from TheDetroitBureau.com.
April 18, 2013
- The new vehicles are meant to appeal to a younger demographic.
- Ulrich Schumacher has a seriously-long title that screams business, but he's basically the new chief of HR.