May 13, 2013
- General Motors broke new ground when it introduced OnStar to the world in 1995 and now the maker may lead the pack again when it introduces internet access to certain vehicles starting next year if it can get its system out before competitors, according to a report on TheDetroitBureau.com.
May 7, 2013
- Everyday there are new ways to stay connected. Automakers are paying attention to the ever-expanding list of available technology, and a lot of this will wind up finding a home in automobiles. It's the idea of a connected car, and it exists today thanks to 3G and 4G in-car Internet connections paired with increasingly smarter telematics and...
May 5, 2013
- Made possible by AT&T.
April 26, 2013
- DETROIT – General Motors has won bronze and silver Edison Awards for two corporate initiatives, its global landfill-free program and OnStar Family Link service, respectively. The competition honors game-changing products, services and processes.
April 18, 2013
- Adding assurance to GM vehicle drivers across America.
April 17, 2013
- motorists in trouble have access to advisors who receive special training that includes weeks of emergency courses, CPR training and certification.
- General Motors announced today that OnStar’s First Assist service is accredited for emergency medical dispatching (EMD). The recognition means OnStar First emergency advisors certified by the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) will be able to offer emergency medical dispatch services while first responders are en route. GM said today that its OnStar advisors can... more
- OnStar's advisors have helped deliver babies, administer CPR instructions and dole out post-car-accident advice, all before medical help arrives. It turns out they know what they're talking about. GM's safety and communication service has been certified by the International Academies...
- General Motors Co. said Wednesday that its OnStar subsidiary has been accredited by the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch as a Medical Accredited Center of Excellence.
- SALT LAKE CITY – Helping deliver a baby is not listed in an OnStar advisor’s job description, but within the past year an emergency advisor has helped coach a woman through labor, while others administered CPR instruction to a young child and instructed how to stop excessive bleeding – all while the caller waited for help to arrive.