September 17, 2014
- Craig Lowndes is a household name in Australia. One of its most accomplished domestic racing drivers, Lowndes has racked up an impressive array of checkered flags over the course of his 20 years on the grid, and now Holden is celebrating his career with a special-edition muscle car you see here. The Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore is based on the flagship Redline performance model, which means a 6.0-liter V8 churning out 351 horsepower and 391 pound-feet of torque in a four-door...
September 16, 2014
- Every day that passes is another where Holden draws closer to shuttering its Australian factories, but the company isn’t prepared to do that without releasing a few more of the thunderous products its customers love. Accordingly, Holden just revealed the 2015 HSV GTS Maloo, the most powerful ute ever to come from tuning arm HSV’s... more
- Last month, Holden Special Vehicles announced plans for the most brutal ute to ever be assembled as a send-off to the Holden Commodore Ute before all local production draws to a close in 2017. This is that ute: The 2015 HSV GTS Maloo. The limited edition ute pulls from the same parts bin used to […] The post 2015 HSV GTS Maloo Ute Officially Unveiled appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
September 15, 2014
- Last month, we brought you word that Holden was planning a new performance model that promised to be the fastest and most powerful ute in the world. And here it is. The latest product from Holden Special Vehicles - GM's Australian tuning division - the new GTS Maloo packs the 6.2-liter supercharged V8 from the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. It kicks out 577 horsepower and 546 pound-feet of torque to the rear wheels through a six-speed transmission (manual or automatic), limited-slip differential and...
September 12, 2014
- Australians have access to a lot of cars that we will never see on our roads. The most notable are the Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon. Not only are they offered in sedan and wagon flavors, but they can also be ordered as utes. Basically the best of both worlds, …
- Tomorrow marks Lowndes' 20th Anniversary in V8 Supercars competition.
September 11, 2014
- A Craig Lowndes special edition SS V Commodore will pay tribute to Holden hero
- The final, fastest Maloo.
- The Vauxhall Viva, Opel Karl, and 2015 Chevrolet Spark will all share the same platform. So, will the Holden Barina Spark?
- In September 1994, a 20-year-old rookie made his first appearance for Holden in a V8 Supercar at Sandown, and just one month later became a household name when he and teammate Brad Jones finished second in Australia’s great race, the Bathurst 1000. That rookie was the one and only Craig Lowndes.