January 7, 2015
- Spacious Holden Trax gets a boost with 1.4-litre turbo powered donk
January 6, 2015
- Holden's got your back.
December 30, 2014
- GM's Voltec drivetrain may seem like old news now, but it still manages to impress.
December 29, 2014
- Red Bull Racing Australia had the quintessential Aussie shaggin' wagon in mind when they cooked up one of their latest projects: a modern-day recreation of the legendary Holden Sandman. This video shows how they based it on a V8 Supercar and loaded it with awesome tech they can't run in the series.Read more...
December 28, 2014
- An Australian-born brute it may be, but we love this slice of muscle car madness all the same This year the pages of Autocar have been graced by many superb cars, from the affordable and charming Hyundai i10 to the costly and utterly enthralling Ferrari 458 Speciale. Out of all those cars, though, it’s Vauxhall’s flagship VXR8 GTS that had me looking at residual value forecasts to see when I’d actually, if ever, be able to afford one.There are, of course, obvious reasons to like the rear-drive...
December 25, 2014
- And we're jealous. Extremely jealous.
December 24, 2014
- From an adrenalin-fuelled year of motorsport action, here are our picks of the 10 best moments and top 10 drivers One team dominated Formula 1 and another crushed allcomers in the World Rally Championship. Taken at face value, it could be construed that 2014 was a dull year for the highest echelons of motorsport. On the contrary. To their credit, those teams – Mercedes in F1 and Volkswagen in the WRC – both allowed their drivers to fight each other, which made for pretty sensational...
December 22, 2014
- Sony Pictures' decision to let Seth Rogen make a comedy about a plot to kill a head of state and the hacking attack that followed will potentially cost the studio hundreds of millions of dollars.The Sony Corp. studio spent about $80 million to make and market the film, whose release was canceled Wednesday after threats of violence by hackers, according to Wade Holden, a researcher at SNL Kagan. On top of that, there's the bill for rebuilding Sony's computer network."The cost to Sony from new...
December 18, 2014
- Holden’s design studio involved in mystery Detroit show car
- Auto enthusiasts should absolutely adore Australia. This bonkers island, aside from being filled with bugs, spiders, sharks and crocodiles, all of which are hellbent on killing you slowly, is home to two of the auto world's greatest things - the V8 Supercars series, and the ute. While Americans will be familiar with the ute thanks to cars like the Chevrolet El Camino and Ford Ranchero, the Australians have absolutely perfected this bizarre fusion of car and truck, with the result being the...