October 31, 2014
- General Motors is gearing up to spend $63 million on expanding its Lansing Delta Township plant — home of the GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave and Chevrolet Traverse — as part of an overall $300 million improvement plan involving the automaker’s Michigan properties. The expansion will add 263,000 square feet in total to the 3.4 million […] The post GM Invests $63M Into Lansing Delta Township Expansion appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
October 30, 2014
- General Motors has sold 189,354 copies of its big Lambda-platform crossovers in the United States this year. Combined sales of the Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse, and GMC Acadia have risen by a scant 137 units through the first nine months of 2014. GM’s six full-size, body-on-frame, pickup-based SUVs, on the other hand, have collectively increased […] The post GM’s Big Crossovers vs. GM’s Big SUVs appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
- Cadillac has got big plans in place to revitalize its lineup, with new sedans, coupes and crossovers. And it all starts with this, the replacement for the SRX. Expected to be called XT5 in line with the brand's new naming scheme, the crossover will be based on a scalable new platform called C1XX - or Chi, for short. In its shorter form, Chi is anticipated to underpin the XT5 as well as a new Chevy crossover and the next-gen GMC Acadia. In long-wheelbase form, the platform is slated to give us...
October 29, 2014
- The site of assembly for the GMC Acada, Chevrolet Traverse, and Buick Enclave is getting an expansion of about 263,000 square feet.
- Both vehicles offer industry-first technologies for 2015.
October 28, 2014
- Talk about putting a sour mood on a celebratory event.
October 27, 2014
- The Consumer Reports Annual Auto Reliability Survey (right) is out, and the top two spots look much the same as last year's list with Lexus and Toyota in first and second place, respectively. However, there are some major shakeups for 2014, with Acura plunging eight spots from third in 2013 to 11th this year, and Mazda replaces it on the lowest step of the podium. Honda and Audi round out the top five. This year's list includes six Japanese brands in the top 10, two Europeans, one America and...
October 26, 2014
- And it's doubtful that GMC will stop there.
October 25, 2014
- Behold the model-by-model availability chart you've been asking for.