December 17, 2014
- Beware, Chevy, Ford, GMC, and Ram truck fans: Both Nissan and Toyota have chosen the heart of the domestic auto industry—Detroit—for the world debut of completely new pickups. The two models, to be introduced at the upcoming North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) next month, are the 2016 Nissan Titan and 2016 Toyota Tacoma. And...
- Autoweek, the auto enthusiast sister publication of Automotive News, today named the Volkswagen Golf GTI and GMC Canyon truck as its Best of the Best car and truck for 2015.
- U.S. unit renamed FCA US LLC; Mitsu's big break; Nissan closing gap; VW Golf, GMC Canyon named 'Best of the Best.'
December 16, 2014
- U.S. unit renamed FCA US LLC; Mitsu's big break; Nissan closing gap; VW Golf, GMC Canyon named 'Best of the Best.'.
- For kids around the globe, tis the season for Santa, reindeer and presents. For the automotive industry, the last quarter of each year is reserved for awards, whether they come from Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Automobile, or yes, Autoblog. The latest to get released comes from our friends at Autoweek. The magazine has echoed other outlets, naming a Volkswagen hatchback and a small pickup from General Motors as its Best of the Best. Unlike Motor Trend, which handed out its golden calipers to...
- GMC Canyon today was named Autoweek’s Best of the Best/Truck for 2015. Editors praised the all-new premium midsize truck for its design, utility, features and “perfect size.”
- Score one for Big Red.
December 15, 2014
- There are an abundance of GMC enthusiasts in the Middle East.
- Chevrolet dealer Duane Paddock runs a fleet of 50 vehicles that he loans to service customers and as demos -- up from exactly zero two years ago.His dealership is part of a huge expansion of General Motors' Courtesy Transportation Program, a bid to create better loyalty via the service lane and by getting more people to try Chevy, Buick and GMC vehicles.Last year, GM added elements to the program to entice dealers to sign up, including more cash tied to every loaner vehicle. They get the...
December 14, 2014
- Now there's an attention-grabbing headline, eh? Although the answer to the riddle - pickup trucks and SUVs - might be somehow deflating, the numbers involved deserve a going over. According to TrueCar's figures (click on the table to enlarge), six of the year's ten best-selling vehicles in the US that sell for a transaction price above $50,000 are body-on-frame, and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class is the only foreigner to crack the top five. Every enthusiast knows that pickup trucks are 'Murica's...