December 10, 2013
- No decision made on Holden manufacturing future, says MD Mike Devereux
December 6, 2013
- With Audi’s RS division celebrating its 20th anniversary next year, we take a look back at the German manufacturer’s halo range of performance cars. Audi’s RS brand has been deeply rooted into the hearts of petrolheads for some time now, having solidified its reputation as equal company for the likes of BMW’s M and Mercedes-Benz’s AMG divisions. But where did it all begin?After the success of Audi’s S2 coupe and the original ‘C4’-derived S4 saloon from 1991, the German carmaker decided to...
- Should you find yourself renting a Chevrolet Spark in Acapulco in the near future, beware: it won’t have the same safety features — as in none at all — as the Spark exported to your local dealership. In fact, unless a car or truck screwed together in Mexico is bound for the United States or […]
December 5, 2013
- General Motors might have already come to a final decision about the future of its vehicle manufacturing operation in Australia. Currently, its Holden subsidiary operates three manufacturing facilities in the country that have been propped up by previous government subsidies. The current coalition is less willing to help keep the company alive and earlier in... more
- General Motors Vice President of Global Design, Ed Welburn, had some dismissive words for a certain cross-town luxury brand during an interview with Car and Driver. When asked about his thoughts on Lincoln, Welburn deflected, before saying, "I don't consider Lincoln to be a competitor for Cadillac." "They're not a global luxury brand. I don't consider them a competitor. Are they a competitor for Buick? Quite possibly. But not for Cadillac," GM's head designer explained. Welburn, who's been at...
December 3, 2013
- Go-to cars are a manufacturer's dream. These cars are the ones that enable a carmaker to do the business of making cars. This may not make all that much sense, but if you consider that a car sells itself for whatever reason and in huge quantities, this equates to a steady stream of revenue, allowing for more R&D and new products. A great example of this is the Toyota Corolla. Another perfect specimen is the subject of this review, the 2014 Mazda3. In fact, both are very new and of such...
November 29, 2013
- At last week’s Los Angeles auto show, we had an opportunity to sit down with GM’s vice president of global design, Ed Welburn. The man steering the styling of the General’s products talked about the future of Cadillac and the Elmiraj concept, why Lincoln’s no longer a competi...
November 25, 2013
- Cadillac wouldn't be Cadillac without its two-door models. But the XLR has been discontinued for over four years now, the Elmiraj concept may never see production and the future of the CTS Coupe is still up in the air. That leaves just the ELR, which may not be conventional enough for traditional Cadillac coupe buyers. Fortunately a new coupe is coming along to fill the void. According to Edmunds, Cadillac will reveal the new ATS coupe just a couple of months from now at the Detroit Auto Show...
November 23, 2013
- Before the wraps even came off the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado at the 2013 L.A. Auto Show, Chevy dealers were in the factory's ear about a future off-road variant.
November 22, 2013
- Toyota , General Motors, Hyundai, Honda and Mercedes-Benz are promising to sell fuel-cell cars in the next few years, making it clear that hydrogen will be part of their future.