October 29, 2014
- Cadillac looks to be preparing a new convertible, its first since the XLR was dropped from the market back in 2009. According to Automotive News (subscription required), a photo of the new convertible was shown to dealers at an event hosted by Cadillac president Johan de Nysschen, where he outlined some of the brand's future plans. MUST SEE: 2015...
- Cadillac dealers are apparently bad at keeping secrets. According to a report in Automotive News, numerous attendees of a recent Cadillac dealer meeting have confirmed that brand boss Johan de Nysschen and his team showed images of “a slew of future vehicles,” including a convertible, which would be...
October 28, 2014
- It usually takes several years to figure out if a car's design is standing the test of time to become a future classic. When new, the Chevrolet SSR was derided at practically every turn, largely for its retrofuturistic styling and Trailblazer-based underpinnings, but now some time has passed. Maybe it's time for a revaluation. This week Generation Gap aims to find out if the SSR's time has finally come, but it's putting the unusual pickup against the stiffest competition imaginable - a 1970 El...
October 27, 2014
- Porsche Panamera rival spearheads new model push that also includes affordable new Q20 entry level model Infiniti has confirmed plans to bookend its line-up with both a range-topping Q80 saloon and an entry-level Q20 hatchback.The two new models form part of plans to significantly increase its brand awareness and global sales, some 25 years after it first arrived on the luxury car sceneThe ambitious new model push, first hinted to at the Paris motor show last month, is set to see Infiniti’s...
October 24, 2014
- Following positive third quarter financial results recently from General Motors, rival Ford took a tumble in Q3. The automaker posted pre-tax profits of $1.18 billion, compared to about $2.59 billion in Q3 2013, a drop of around 54 percent. Net income also suffered with $835 million made in the quarter, versus $1.272 billion last year, a decline of about 34 percent. The Blue Oval blamed the gloomy figures on three reasons in its release: "lower volume, higher warranty costs and adverse balance...
October 20, 2014
- Trash to fuel, the stuff of the 1980s sci-fi comedy movie trilogy “Back to the Future,” is now a reality. The 2015 Bi-fuel Chevrolet Impala – not a tricked-out DeLorean – really can run on leftovers, table scraps and, oh, yeah, grains from brewing beer.
October 17, 2014
- Today President of GM China Matt Tsien discussed GM’s vision and China’s role for making urban mobility and intelligent driving solutions a reality.
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra has been doing a lot of looking forward lately as she focuses on future product and marketing plans, and as the company begins to escape the worst impacts of its horrific year of safety recalls.
October 16, 2014
- Automobile's Mike Floyd writes about the celebrity status he enjoyed in the magazine's Corvette Stingray, and how it gives him hope for the future of motoring.
October 15, 2014
- The Dodrill-GMR Mechanical Heart was the first artificial heart of its kind, though it allowed for many new types of procedures, and inspired generations of future medical technology.