May 24, 2013
- We're able to get some quick and early impressions on the first Chevrolet passenger car since 1986.
- Volkswagen has gotten pretty comfortable hogging the - admittedly small - non-premium diesel car market in the US. With Golf and Jetta, the German automaker has been the one and only choice for those interested in the torquey, high-mpg merits of turbocharged diesel power. However, US customers seem to be growing more interested in the technology that has been the primary mode of propulsion in most of Europe for many years now. Mazda is quite close to bringing its Skyactiv-D diesel engines to...
- Rather than "finding new roads," Chevrolet's latest compact car follows familiar German footsteps to deliver an intriguing product.
- It delivers mind-blowing highway mileage. It's clean, surprisingly quiet, quick and fun to drive. So, what's not to like about the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Turbo Diesel, GM's first "oil burner" offered in a passenger car since 1986? Check out TheDetroitBureau.com's review for the full story.
- Shoddy GM diesels were a major reason why the high-mileage technology vanished from US showrooms. Now, GM is joining European rivals like VW and Audi in adding a diesel passenger car to the line-up -- its first since 1986. If the Chevrolet Cruze Turbo Diesel clicks with consumers, reports TheDetroitBureau.com, expect to see even more GM "oil burners" in the future.
- The vehicle, according to officials, is the most-powerful and fuel-efficient Cruze ever in the Detroit-based automaker's U.S. lineup.
- Why take the risk? What makes you think it would work this time? We're asking, of course, about GM's relationship with the long-embattled diesel engine. Decades after the General killed diesels in passenger cars, Chevrolet is counting on a reversal in fortunes as it offers the Cruze with a modern diesel powerplant. This week as Mike Siegrist, Assistant Chief Engineer of the Chevy Cruze Diesel, joins us in studio with an engine in tow, we'll ask him why the company is putting its faith in diesel...
- The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel went on sale this week at a handful of top Chevy dealers, and company executives said two of its first three buyers were new to diesel cars. The new diesel Cruze, fitted with a 151-horsepower 2.0-liter turbodiesel four-cylinder engine built in Germany, is GM's first diesel passenger car sold in the U.S. since 1986...
- At a presentation for the new Chevrolet Cruze diesel, the brand announced that every Chevy Cruze across the lineup is getting some enhancements for 2014 to help increase mpg ratings. All Cruze models are adopting some of the fuel-saving tidbits that are at work on the Cruze Eco, specifically, underbody panels that make the car... more
May 23, 2013
- Chevrolet Cruze diesel, just now on sale, is both quickest, most fuel-efficient of the lot.