July 18, 2014
- Going against popular perception, diesel vehicles are showing some pretty good pickup. The context, of course, is US sales of oil-burners. And those sales are on the rise as more Americans look to cut refueling costs via more fuel-efficient vehicles. US clean-diesel sales through June have jumped 25 percent from a year earlier, outpacing the 4.2 percent increase of total vehicle sales, says Diesel Technology Forum, citing research from HybridCars.com and Baum & Associates. In fact, diesels...
July 14, 2014
- The list of automakers dealing with faulty airbags supplied by Takata continues to grow. After Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, BMW, and General Motors, it's now Ford's, Chrysler's, and Subaru's turn to suffer. The airbag inflators can fill with excessive pressure during a crash and explode, sending metal fragments into the face of the driver or the front passenger. According to Reuters, approximately 11 million vehicles worldwide may be at risk and subject to a recall. Affected models include...
July 7, 2014
- Recall issued for Holden Cruze over drive-shaft defect for the third time in a year
July 1, 2014
- Chevrolet worked in part with the 'Pictures of Hope' charity.
June 30, 2014
- General Motors today announced a truly massive recall covering some 8.4 million vehicles in North America. Most significantly, 8.2 million examples of the affected vehicles are being called back due to "unintended ignition key rotation," though GM spokesperson Alan Adler tells Autoblog that this issue is not like the infamous Chevy Cobalt ignition switch fiasco. For the sake of perspective, translated to US population, this total recall figure would equal a car for each resident of New...
- Last week, we told you about a recall of the 2013-2014 Chevrolet Cruze, which has unfortunately been stung by the Takata airbag bug afflicting more than ten million vehicles around the globe. But that's just one of the most recent recalls issued by General Motors. Here are the other three: RECALL #1: 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra; 2015...
- Vehicles Affected: Approximately 29,019 model-year 2013-14 Chevrolet Cruze sedans The Problem: General Motors is reporting that a faulty inflator in the driver's side front airbag could cause the bag to rupture, and metal pieces could injure the occupants. The faulty...
- So much for more recalls from GM being just a possibility. The American automaker has announced four more recalls that affects 428,211 vehicles in the U.S. The first recall almost comes as no surprise considering the recent stop-sale order on the Chevrolet Cruze. A total of 29,019 Chevrolet Cruze sedans from the 2013-2014 model year... more
June 28, 2014
- Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustled softly when I had the nerve to review a rented FIAT 500L with four thousand miles under its affordable alloy wheels. “OMG," I was told, “after that monstrous amount of vicious rental abuse, which probably included everything from ‘sparking’ to ‘mudding’, there […]
June 27, 2014
- While not part of the massive Takata airbag recall, the Chevrolet Cruze has been recalled due to a fault with its airbag module.