October 28, 2014
- Meet the new Volt, not the same as the old Volt. That appears to be the story when General Motors introduces the 2016 Chevy Volt at the Detroit Auto Show in January. Today we're getting some more details on the guts of the new plug-in hybrid, and it turns out they're going to be much improved from the current Volt, which first went on sale at the end of 2010. Sure, the first-gen Volt did get some improvements along the way (a slightly larger battery pack, lane departure warnings) but the new...
- Consumer Reports has released its Annual Auto Reliability Survey and the results are, in a word, interesting. While we already covered the score-damaging effects of infotainment systems, there's another big angle to the data that's getting some attention - the utterly dismal scores of the Detroit Three's small car offerings. The turbocharged Dodge Dart and Chevrolet Cruze, as well as the Ford Fiesta were their respective brands' lowest-scoring models, a stat that's made worse by the fact that...
October 23, 2014
- General Motors recently announced its best third-quarter unit sales since 1980 with over 2.4 million vehicles sold globally. Now, the automaker has put out the financial portion of its Q3 results, and as the previous figures suggested, GM did very well for the quarter. It even beat analysts' predictions. GM's net income for Q3 was $1.4 billion, which was twice as much as its $700 million in income for the same quarter in 2013. The strong performance could have been even better, too, as the...
October 21, 2014
- General Motors’ new 2.2 megawatt ground-mounted solar array will be complete by the end of 2014 at its Lordstown Complex, home of the Chevrolet Cruze. When the last of more than 8,500 solar panels are in place, it will be GM’s largest solar installation in the Western Hemisphere.
- This was supposed to be a rental racetrack review. The plan was to to challenge Watkins Glen with Daewoo GM Korea Chevrolet’s well-received not-so-compact sedan, letting the 1.4L turbo engine drag us from Turn One to the Bus Stop under full throttle before putting the brakes up on a pinball table and giving them the […] The post Rental Review :2013 Chevrolet Cruze LT/RS appeared first on The Truth About Cars.
October 19, 2014
- Chevrolet has a seriously packed booth ready for this year's SEMA show. Not only does the company already have the Camaro SS Special Edition, Silverado Toughnology and Colorado Sport, but it is now announcing five more concepts to be on display. Among this quintet of concepts is the Chevy SS Sport that wears some Australian inspiration. Sure, it has the grille kit, fog light bezels and rear spoiler out of the Chevrolet Accessories catalog, but the 20-inch wheels, floor mats and cargo tray all...
October 18, 2014
- We expected something a bit more luxurious.
October 17, 2014
- Despite red tape and outright bans in some areas, on-demand taxi services like Uber and Lyft are becoming hugely popular ways to get a ride in bigger cities. So what's it like to drive for one of these services? Late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel wanted to find out with a dash of humor thrown in. He became a registered Uber driver and started picking up fares ... at least one, anyway. Becoming an Uber driver requires owning a new-enough insured vehicle and passing a registration procedure...
October 16, 2014
- Ahead of the SEMA show in early November, Chevrolet has previewed an "RS Plus" concept derived from its very popular Cruze model.
- Chevy has previewed a quintet of modified vehicles heading to this year’s SEMA Show. The performance-oriented concepts will make their official debut in Las Vegas next month and will consist of an SS Sport, a pair of Sonic compacts, an Impala Blackout and a Cruze RS Plus. Some of the accessories on the SEMA projects... more