July 31, 2014
- The 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel went on sale almost a year ago, the first diesel passenger car sold by General Motors in 28 years. Hopes were high for the Cruze with the European turbodiesel engine, which effectively competed with the long-established Volkswagen Jetta TDI, the only other mainstream compact sedan fitted with a diesel. But of...
July 25, 2014
- Model will live despite less than stellar sales.
- In today’s General Motors digest: The automaker takes it on the chin in its quarterly report; the analysts have their say; GM Korea could allow its workers to build the next Cruze if only they would put down the picket signs; 45 attorney generals are investigating the February 2014 recall; and CEO Mary Barra will […]
July 24, 2014
- GM Korea and its union have been dealing with a standoff of some time now.
July 18, 2014
- Going against popular perception, diesel vehicles are showing some pretty good pickup. The context, of course, is US sales of oil-burners. And those sales are on the rise as more Americans look to cut refueling costs via more fuel-efficient vehicles. US clean-diesel sales through June have jumped 25 percent from a year earlier, outpacing the 4.2 percent increase of total vehicle sales, says Diesel Technology Forum, citing research from HybridCars.com and Baum & Associates. In fact, diesels...
July 14, 2014
- The list of automakers dealing with faulty airbags supplied by Takata continues to grow. After Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, BMW, and General Motors, it's now Ford's, Chrysler's, and Subaru's turn to suffer. The airbag inflators can fill with excessive pressure during a crash and explode, sending metal fragments into the face of the driver or the front passenger. According to Reuters, approximately 11 million vehicles worldwide may be at risk and subject to a recall. Affected models include...
July 7, 2014
- Recall issued for Holden Cruze over drive-shaft defect for the third time in a year
July 1, 2014
- Chevrolet worked in part with the 'Pictures of Hope' charity.
June 30, 2014
- General Motors today announced a truly massive recall covering some 8.4 million vehicles in North America. Most significantly, 8.2 million examples of the affected vehicles are being called back due to "unintended ignition key rotation," though GM spokesperson Alan Adler tells Autoblog that this issue is not like the infamous Chevy Cobalt ignition switch fiasco. For the sake of perspective, translated to US population, this total recall figure would equal a car for each resident of New...
- Last week, we told you about a recall of the 2013-2014 Chevrolet Cruze, which has unfortunately been stung by the Takata airbag bug afflicting more than ten million vehicles around the globe. But that's just one of the most recent recalls issued by General Motors. Here are the other three: RECALL #1: 2014-2015 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra; 2015...