December 12, 2013
- DETROIT – The all-new, high-tech Small Block 6.2L V8 powering the 2014 Corvette Stingray and the 2.0L turbo diesel for the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze are among Ward’s 10 Best Engines.
- With the Car and Driver Ten Best decided, the North American Car and Truck of the Year finalists announced and Cadillac, Ram and Subaru chalking up wins with Motor Trend, it's fair to say that the automotive awards season is in full swing. The next set of trophies to be handed out will be from Ward's Automotive, which has announced the winners of its 2014 10 Best Engines. The latest contest was marked by the widespread emergence of diesel power and the continued success of turbocharged engines...
- Arguably the quietest, most comfortable compact sedan on the market.
December 11, 2013
- Jay Weatherill says Holden money should help hard-hit SA and Victoria
December 9, 2013
- US media says shift of Australian cars to Korea inevitable, doubts over Cruze
December 7, 2013
- An accumulation of affordable vehicles accounted for the “most researched” contingent in AutoGuide.com’s new cars shopping section this week. Chevroelt’s Cruze “compact” car was a popular choice this week. Officially categorized as a compact, the Cruze is quite large for its segment and tiptoes on the border of being a mid-size sedan. Chevrolet offers it... more
December 6, 2013
- The Australian government has denied reports from local media that General Motors’ Aussie subsidiary Holden will be ending production in 2016, about when Holden’s Commodore range and the version of the Cruze it produces is scheduled to be replaced by their respective successors. Holden and the Australian government are currently...
December 4, 2013
- I've struggled with diesel technology. It's not that I have a problem with it or dislike it, but rather that I don't particularly understand what stops its wider-spread adoption. Sure, memories of rust-prone, smoky, sluggish and uneconomical Oldsmobile diesels aren't exactly easy to erase from the collective memory of the North American motoring public, but I'd think that a few years into the latest crop of clean diesels, there'd be wider adoption - or at least consumer consideration - by now...
- The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze that owner Farah Mocquais bought for commuting to work hasn't achieved the fuel economy ratings that the Canadian arm of General Motors advertised, CBC News reports, and the couple is accusing GM Canada for misleading them. Instead of burning 5.5 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers on the highway, which GM Canada advertises for the 1.4-liter Cruze, she and her husband, Pierre-Yves, have struggled to use any less than 7.9 liters of gas per 100 km of highway driving....
December 3, 2013
- Go-to cars are a manufacturer's dream. These cars are the ones that enable a carmaker to do the business of making cars. This may not make all that much sense, but if you consider that a car sells itself for whatever reason and in huge quantities, this equates to a steady stream of revenue, allowing for more R&D and new products. A great example of this is the Toyota Corolla. Another perfect specimen is the subject of this review, the 2014 Mazda3. In fact, both are very new and of such...