December 19, 2014
- Empty, twisty, snowbound country roads. Do you take the Caprice or the pickup?Read more...
October 31, 2014
- Unfortunately, for many people, a ride in the back of the hearse is the last chance they ever get to be in a car. In the case of "Madness" from AMS Performance, it could get folks to their final resting place faster than anything else around. Based around an actual hearse from a 1996 Chevrolet Caprice originally converted by Superior Coaches, Madness has been the ongoing project of AMS Performance Vice President Arne Toman for years. The idea was partially inspired when he saw the Guinness...
October 14, 2014
- While not terribly rare, they are not seen often. They dramatically change the look of any 1968 Caprice.
October 8, 2014
- Chevrolet has recalled Australian-built Caprice police cars due to gear-shift fault
- General Motors is recalling 7,601 Chevrolet Caprice police vehicles from the 2011-13 model years for a problem with the gear shifter that could allow the car to roll away while in park.
October 6, 2014
- GM's latest batch of recalls includes ignition switch issues in 47,000 examples of the Pontiac G8 and Chevrolet Caprice midsize sedans
- Vehicles Affected: More than 47,000 model-year 2011-13 Chevrolet Caprice and 2008-09 Pontiac G8 sedans The Problem: According to The Detroit News, there is a risk under certain conditions that the driver's knee may bump the ignition key and unintentionally move...
- Chevrolet Caprice and Sonic, Cadillac CTS-V and STS-V and Pontiac G8s are affected.
October 5, 2014
- Following a stop-delivery order for its new midsize trucks and a rash of recent recalls, General Motors is issuing three more campaigns covering 60,575 vehicles in North America with 57,182 of them in the US. As of October 1, the automaker has issued a total of 74 recalls (see the ridiculously long chart to the right) this year covering 26,495,070 units in the US. The largest campaign covers 46,873 examples in the US of the 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 and 2011-2013 Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol...
September 23, 2014
- Four new recalls by GM Canada have been added to the growing list of 2014. The first of these affects 2,868 Chevrolet Caprice models from 2011 and Pontiac G8 models from 2008-2009. There is a risk that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key from out of the "run" position. If this were to occur, engine power, power braking and power steering would be affected, which would unexpectedly increase steering and brake pedal effort, potentially...