November 26, 2013
- My boss and I drive the same style rental slug Toyota over here, but when his was due for service, instead of a replacement Fortuner, I spotted a 2011 Chevy Caprice in his parking spot. Having spent almost a year without a proper V-8 under my foot, I convinced him we needed to take that […]
October 28, 2013
- The new 2014 Chevrolet Impala is, by all accounts, a far superior vehicle to the model it replaces. In fact, it was the first American car to beat out the import competition and earn distinction from Consumer Reports as the best sedan on the market. But not everyone wants the new and improved model. The outgoing Impala has proven a favorite among fleet buyers, and to keep those customers coming back for more, word has it that Chevy will continue producing the previous version (pictured above)...
October 23, 2013
- In a show of generosity in mid-August, Detroit's business leaders donated $8 million to the Police Department and Fire Department in order to buy 100 new police vehicles and 23 EMS ambulances. But now officers have discovered - and complained - that the police vehicles have glaring safety issues, Deadline Detroit reports. It is not made clear what models of the fleet vehicles - which include police versions of the Ford Taurus, the Chevrolet Caprice and the Dodge Charger - are affected by the...
October 17, 2013
- The new turbocharged Ford Taurus modified into its Police Interceptor sedan proved faster than Chevrolet Caprice V-8 and Dodge Charger with a Hemi V-8 in tests by the Michigan State Police, according to Ford.
- Just last month, Ford announced its first-ever non-pursuit-rated version of the Police Interceptor sedan for agencies looking to maximize fuel economy, but that doesn't mean that Ford is giving up on chasing down the bad guys. While the Dodge Charger can lay claim to the fastest lap time at the Grattan Raceway test facility held by the Michigan State Police, the results are now in for the Police Vehicle Evaluation acceleration tests. And Ford's Police Interceptor duo (sedan and utility) came...
October 13, 2013
- There are two reasons why the Chevrolet Caprice was born. First, Chevrolet was blindsided by the 1965 Ford LTD full-sized sedan. Ford spent a ton of money advertising that the LTD was quieter than a Rolls-Royce -- and Americans believed it.
September 24, 2013
- Four Holden cars have been awarded a Wheels Australia Gold Star Value Award for 2013, with the locally-built VF Commodore Evoke LPG, VF Calais V-Series V6 and WN Caprice V V8 taking out top honours in their categories.
August 30, 2013
- One of the biggest debuts at the Monterey car week, both literally and figuratively, was the Cadillac Elmiraj Concept. The massive coupe made quite a splash with the show's well-heeled guests. Now, we have what might be the very first images of the Elmiraj, or whatever it may be called when it reaches production, out testing. Don't let that modified Chevrolet Caprice body fool you, this car is about four to six inches longer than Chevy's US-spec cop car, from the A-pillar forward. According to...
August 9, 2013
- Last week we asked you if you were interested in a Buick Park Avenue, based on the Australian Holden Statesman/Caprice.
July 26, 2013
- In the first part of this article, I introduced you to the world where the fabled “diesel, manual wagon” is not the enthusiasts’ wet dream, but a boring, sensible man’s choice. And now, I am going to show you that this also works the other way around. Because the second wagon I will drive is [...]