January 30, 2014
- The Z28.R will return to racing on March 13th.
January 29, 2014
$1.8 million is spent each year to maintain GM's fleet of 600 production and concept cars. When at least two of the Detroit Three were on the verge of death a few years back, one of the tough questions that was asked of Ford, General Motors and Chrysler execs - outside of why execs were still taking private planes to meetings - was why each company maintained huge archives of old production and concept vehicles. GM, for example, had an 1,100-...
January 24, 2014
- The big news at the 2014 Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race series at Daytona was the debut of Chevrolet’s Camaro Z/28.R. Now that it’s arrived, the bow-tie brand can really duke it out with Ford’s Mustang Boss 302R, providing shades of the original Trans-Am series. These days, however, ther...
- Chevrolet’s new track-focused Z/28 Camaro has now produced a racing version, dubbed the Camaro Z/28.R. The Z/28.R will make its competition debut this weekend in the GS class of the IMSA Continental Tires SportsCar Challenge - one of the lead-up events for the Rolex 24 At Daytona.
January 23, 2014
- The color is only available on one other GM vehicle.
January 22, 2014
- This is how you turn a Nurburgring-smashing Z/28 into an endurance racer…
January 21, 2014
- It will warm up the track in the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge at Daytona, before the Corvette C7.R and the 24 hour race.
- Although the volume-build version of the new 2014 Chevy Camaro Z/28 won't be in showrooms until this spring, its competition-spec alter-ego has just broken cover the form of the Camaro Z/28.R.
- Chevrolet's new entry in the 2014 IMSA series set to run at Daytona.
- Jay Leno returns to hosting duties in his garage after spending a day with Jerry Seinfeld, welcoming fellow comedian Tim Allen and his homebrew 1968 Camaro 427 COPO to his garage. Allen says he got hooked on a green 1968 Camaro he used to see as a kid racing on Woodward in Michigan, but when it came time for his own he went beyond that original hero car. Enlisting the services of tuners like Detroit Speed Shop, Bodie Stroud and Classic Industries, Allen's Camaro is a mix of the original body...