March 7, 2014
- Full-size Acadia performs above its class and deserves more love, but it's missing a few luxury bits for the price
February 28, 2014
- Pros: Introduced in 2007, and currently nearing the end of its second generation, the Ford Edge is a very comfortable and quiet CUV with safe, dynamic handling and attractive base pricing. Given the revisions to come in 2015, there will probably be some good deals to be had on 2014 models, especially the flashy Edge Sport. Cons: Lower trim levels feature somewhat disappointing material selection, while the overload of on-screen buttons tends to distract drivers. The automatic transmission is...
January 20, 2014
- For years, GMC has existed as a brand without a single unique product, reconstituting Chevrolet trucks, SUVs and crossovers with more frosting in exchange for a few extra dollars. The Sierra is a Silverado, the Acadia a Traverse, and the Terrain an Equinox, although admittedly the latter pair are visually differentiated to a significant degree. GMC could be set to expand beyond its Chevy-based roots, though. During last week's Detroit Auto Show press days, GM's product boss Mark Reuss was...
September 12, 2013
- With General Motors revealing all the details on the new 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2015 Chevrolet Suburban, and 2015 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, we wanted to see how the revamped full-size SUVs stack up against the competition. While Chevrolet and GMC have the Traverse and Acadia crossovers, respectively, to attract buyers who simply want an [...]
August 18, 2013
- Model: 2007 to 2012 GMC Acadia Vehicle Type: Crossover SUV The Verdict: Where an upscale driving experience, plenty of on-board space and room for up to eight are priorities, the Acadia is worth a test drive, but shop cautiously and check any model for the common issues outlined below. A newer model -- or one with plenty of factory warranty remaining -- is your safest bet. Price: Used Acadia's are somewhat rare in the used marketplace relative to their competition, although shoppers can...
July 30, 2013
- The latest hot item from Korea pleasantly surprised me. While my personal lifestyle doesn't warrant driving such a vehicle, I really liked its road manners and versatility. If you need space, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe XL is definitely worth a look. However, with 6 other people on board, you should know that cargo capacity is quite small. What's a Hyundai Santa Fe XL? As the name implies, this beautiful crossover rides on an extended version of the...
July 1, 2013
- GMC is known for its trucks, but there are more than pickups under those big red letters. Along with the five-seat Terrain crossover SUV, GMC also sells the big Acadia, a full-size wagon with seats for as many as eight passengers. It's a family vehicle that's missing the sliding side doors of a minivan, but has almost all of the other...
June 5, 2013
- I'm probably ill-suited to accurately and fairly take the full measure of a vehicle like the 2013 GMC Acadia Denali. This is a machine conjured around the express notion of corralling and then herding a brood of rafter-swinging hatchlings to and fro in relative comfort, and with no such passel of wee Bowmans to call my own, it's difficult to give this rig a fair shake. While I can certainly weigh cargo capacity, legroom and fuel economy stats with the best of them, I'd be lying to your face if...
June 3, 2013
- Keith writes: Mr. Mehta, My apologies if this has been covered, but I’m looking for advice on my soon-to-be out of warranty 2008 GMC Acadia. I’m at 64K and 4.8 years, so bumper to bumper is gone but power train is still good for a few months. Two fellow Acadia owners I know have reported [...]
April 19, 2013
- A solid list of upgrades for 2013 keep the Acadia relevant compared to new rivals, while an updated look gives it an edge.