June 5, 2013
- The agency is investigating whether recalls that began in 2012 over an air bag problem should have included 400,000 vehicles instead of the 6,900 that G.M. had announced.
June 4, 2013
- An electrical short could cause the driver-side air bag not to deploy in a crash in those vehicles, according to General Motors and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.An electrical short could cause the driver-side air bag not to deploy in a crash in those vehicles, according to General Motors and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Depending on the results of a government probe, General Motors might find an old recall campaign expanding exponentially. Over the couse of two recalls, the American automaker covered just over 6,800 vehicles with front airbags that might not inflate because of a defect in the electrical connections. Now, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)... more
April 8, 2013
- Are you one of the near-800,000 owners that have received the notification?
January 31, 2013
- Four different General Motors vehicles from the 2012 model year are being recalled over a potential airbag issue. The driver's side airbag shorting bar in the 2012 Buick Verano and 2012 Chevrolet Camaro, Cruze and Sonic might make contact with the airbag terminals, even during a crash. If so, the airbag won't deploy when it should, possibly increasing injury to the driver. The recall is expected to begin on February 13 for the 3,896 units that might be affected. GM will notify owners who can...
- General Motors announced two recalls on today for roughly 12,000 vehicles, one regarding faulty airbags, and the other for suspension issues. The first recall affects four different 2012 model year vehicles: the Chevrolet Cruze, Sonic, Camaro and Buick Verano. The issue is a shorting bar that may contact the air bag terminals intermittently. If the two are in contact at... more
- A number of Chevrolet and Buick vehicles are affected by newly announced NHTSA recalls — see the details below. 2013 Chevrolet Malibu The Problem: Some nuts in the rear suspension of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu may not have been torqued correctly. Initially this could cause suspension noise and some wayward handling; as the bolts become [...]
- General Motors Co. is recalling certain Chevrolet Camaro, Cruze and Sonic, and Buick Verano cars from the 2012 model year because of electrical problems that could prevent their driver-side front air bags from deploying properly.
- The dual-stage system is being phased out, starting with the 2013 Cruze.
- General Motors Co. is recalling nearly 150,000 vehicles in three separate issues.