April 8, 2013
- Are you one of the near-800,000 owners that have received the notification?
January 31, 2013
- Four different General Motors vehicles from the 2012 model year are being recalled over a potential airbag issue. The driver's side airbag shorting bar in the 2012 Buick Verano and 2012 Chevrolet Camaro, Cruze and Sonic might make contact with the airbag terminals, even during a crash. If so, the airbag won't deploy when it should, possibly increasing injury to the driver. The recall is expected to begin on February 13 for the 3,896 units that might be affected. GM will notify owners who can...
- General Motors announced two recalls on today for roughly 12,000 vehicles, one regarding faulty airbags, and the other for suspension issues. The first recall affects four different 2012 model year vehicles: the Chevrolet Cruze, Sonic, Camaro and Buick Verano. The issue is a shorting bar that may contact the air bag terminals intermittently. If the two are in contact at... more
- A number of Chevrolet and Buick vehicles are affected by newly announced NHTSA recalls — see the details below. 2013 Chevrolet Malibu The Problem: Some nuts in the rear suspension of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu may not have been torqued correctly. Initially this could cause suspension noise and some wayward handling; as the bolts become [...]
- General Motors Co. is recalling certain Chevrolet Camaro, Cruze and Sonic, and Buick Verano cars from the 2012 model year because of electrical problems that could prevent their driver-side front air bags from deploying properly.
- The dual-stage system is being phased out, starting with the 2013 Cruze.
- General Motors Co. is recalling nearly 150,000 vehicles in three separate issues.
January 3, 2013
- A welding error by a supplier has forced the recall of 119,000 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks from the 2010 through 2012 model years, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
December 26, 2012
- General Motors is recalling Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon trucks built between November 9, 2009, and August 28, 2012. Hoods on the recalled trucks may be missing a secondary latch, which is designed to keep the hood from flying open if the primary latch fails. About 118,000 trucks are included in the recall, and owners will be notified beginning in January, 2013....
December 24, 2012
- Opel/Vauxhall didn't make the huge gains it hoped for in 2012, despite some high-profile product launches It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Just under two years ago, when Brit Nick Reilly announced the pain before the gain bound up in a $15 billion, five-year recovery plan for Opel and Vauxhall, the commitment was clear: "We will break even in 2011, and be in profit by 2012".He probably couldn’t have predicted the lingering torpor of the European market back then, but even so, the plan isn’t...